Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Busy Days Before Summer

May has always been the craziest time of year with school letting out, graduations, summer swim, sometimes baseball, award ceremonies, banquets and end of year parties.  I have never cared for May. 

This year our baby is graduating high school and at the end of June will be leaving for a summer session at A&M College Station and life as we know it will be gone.  No children at home, just us.

I can't ever remember not having a child to care for.  No matter what I am doing in my day, there is always the knowledge of what she is doing in the back of my mind.  I glance at the clock and know she will be home in 2 hours, I make the supper, leaving out the mushrooms because she doesn't like them, I throw in the dark load first because I know she needs her swimsuit for the meet.  Life is going to be so WEIRD! 

I want her to grow up.  I want her to remember to eat breakfast and wash her own clothes and to forge forward blazing her own path in this crazy world.  I want her to get a great college education and become a responsible adult and to be happy.   She's doing exactly what she's supposed to be doing. 

So why does this make me so sad?

Pam

 

No comments:

Post a Comment