Thursday, September 15, 2011

Settling In

It has been awhile, but I'm finally getting a routine established.  Kimbre is off at college, enjoying life, enjoying her classes, enjoying being off on her own, I'm sure.  She never had many rules while she lived at home because she didn't need them.  She consistently made the right decisions and that has carried forward with her.  I miss her, although we do see her fairly frequently.

Tressa is trucking along in school, working hard towards attaining her goal and doing wonderful.  She is working as a waitress at BJ's, supporting herself, and plans to move to San Antonio to attend college there in January.  Her lease is up in October, I think, and she is planning on staying here for the 2 months before her move with her cat, Maeby.

I don't really know too much about what is happening with Morgan right now except that she is working at a Greek restaurant in Kemah and living with Tressa.

I have been watching Tyson, who will be 4 mos on the 20th, since August and he is so darn cute!  He is a really good baby, they all are, but I think he is exceptional.  :)  He does have his moments, but don't we all?!?  I bought out half of League City, plus borrowed a few things from my sister and we have plenty to do for fun.  We take a walk before it hits 100 degrees everyday, but have mostly been inside from the heat and now the mosquitoes.  I have no idea where these mosquitoes have come from since it hasn't rained in ions! 

I had still been very consistent with my working out, getting up around 5:30am, working out, walking the dogs in the field, feeding the rabbits, showering and then waiting for Tyson to arrive and then back out for a walk in the front before it got too hot, but I caught a bug and then got a tetanus/whooping cough shot at the Drs when I went for my physical Mon and have felt like crud, so have been skipping the work out.  I might be milking it a little bit, but I feel it is more important for my body to use it's energy in recovering from the sickness than to build muscle.  I'll be back on track soon.

Also, we have new neighbors down the street and he has chosen the exact same time as I have been to walk his huge dog.  This wouldn't be a problem because his dog is very well behaved, but mine is 10 mos. old and is not.  Dexter acts like he's a sled dog and yanks and pulls me across the field towards them and let's just say the good feelings I had from walking him before have flown right out the window. 

One of the few times I did let Dexter off the leash to go play, the other dog pinned him on his back on the ground and wouldn't let him up while he growled at him.  I don't know if you know anything about Dexter, but even though he is a big dog, he has the best temperament of any dog I have ever owned.  He is ALWAYS happy.  I was a little offended the new guy didn't make his dog back off and I definitely don't want Dexter becoming mean.

I have been trying to go earlier, which is difficult because it is dark until 6:40am, but he's out there and then I tried going later, but he's still out there, so I started having JR walk them after he returned from the gym, but I miss walking them in the morning.  I like it.

Once Tyson gets picked up, I wait for the temps to drop to the low 90's, and then take the dogs out again, along with a Ziploc bag with small pieces of steak from the freezer, and try to train Dexter not to pull.  I have been using the word, "back" which I gleaned from my sister, Tonya.  I always hated the word "heel" and "come" and "back" sounds so commanding when you say it.  He is doing better, but needs more practice.

Other than babysitting the little guy, trying to train the dog, and missing my kid, I have been planting and watering the veggie garden, but these 100 degree days are tough going.  I'm not sure if I'm going to have much of a garden this fall if this keeps up.  My squash are doing terrific, but everything else looks a little sick.  I had planted spinach and lettuce which are not coming up, broccoli which started coming up, but is trying to go back under the ground, peas which look peaked, green beans look OK, but not enough are sprouting yet, cucumbers which are wilting and it's too hot for my peppers to set fruit. Time will tell.  We have been watering with our rain collection, but before long, that's going to be gone.  Rain would be nice!

All in all, things are falling into place.  It's taken me ten times as long as normal to post this, but hey, I'm not bored.  lol

Til next time, Pam

          

No comments:

Post a Comment