Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Short Rant

I have a dilemma and I'm not sure what to do.

I walk our dogs every morning after I work out.  Typically this is around 6:45am to 7:00am.  I have to walk at this time because it is dark up til that point and Tyson gets dropped off at 7:30am.  It is just enough time to walk the dogs in the field, hop in the shower and then answer the door. 

Our new neighbor's have a dog that is driving me crazy.  No matter if I go early or late, the neighbor is out with his dog in the field which leads Dexter to jumping and lunging which rips my arm out of the socket.  Not the new neighbor's problem, I understand this.

But today, I am walking the dogs and the new neighbor's dog comes barreling around the corner and jumps on Dexter and growls.  Dexter, who is still a puppy, is forced the the ground and is trying to get up, but the other dog is stronger and keeps him pinned there.  I yelled at him to stop, and he jumped off and then right back on, this time with Dexter on his back. 

It is one thing for my dog to misbehave and pull my arm out of it's socket.  It is quite another for their dog to be tackling my dog to show his dominance. 

I finally got Dexter to come with me up the little hill and said, "Neighbor, come get your dog!"  The whole time the dog is trying to play with Dexter, jumping all over him. Finally the neighbor, at a leisurely pace because he doesn't want to spill his coffee, comes up and gets his dog. I didn't say anything because frankly, I was pissed and I don't want to start a war with a new neighbor.

I do not have time for this crap in the morning!  I am trying to walk my dogs in peace, get some energy out of them before they have to spend a majority of the day cooped up in the house because of the high temps. It is becoming more and more a source of stress and irritation. 

Do I just stop walking them in the field, the perfect place because they can do their business without offending anyone, they can run around without touching anyone's property, it is pretty and JR mows me a path to the creek to walk on?  Do I continue to go and just keep Dexter on a short leash if I see them coming and ask him to get his dog?  Do I start walking them in the front on the street with a shorter leash, so not to bother anyone who happens to be doing morning exercise?  Where does he do his business?  The street?

I hate walking along, and then seeing them, knowing we are going to be assaulted by their dog.  It stresses me out.  It takes the joy out of walking them.  It sucks. It also sucks that if I stop walking my dogs in the morning he gets the whole field to himself for being an inconsiderate dog owner.

No, I think I will stay as I am, walking when I want and when or if the neighbor's dog continues to hassle Dexter, I will ask him to please keep his dog off of mine. 

I shouldn't have to ask this.  He should do it without me asking.  What the heck is wrong with people?

A move to the country is becoming more and more appealing.






Til next time,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment