Monday, February 11, 2019

Corked Check In - Week 6

Oops!  I totally forgot that I had a Stitch Fix scheduled to come in February.  If you aren't familiar with Stitch Fix, it is a service where you fill out style preferences for clothes and a stylist from Stitch Fix sends you items based on your choices to purchase.  It's a personal shopper company. 

It had been months since I scheduled the "fix", making sure it was after our daughter's wedding.  I had totally forgot about it until I received a notice in my email saying the items were on the way.  I quickly changed the site setting to no more fixes unless I requested them.  I'm not supposed to be buying new items this year.

The box arrives and... I loved everything inside.  I truly didn't think I would because my first shipment from them I returned every single item.  The clothes in the first box were exactly everything I had said I didn't like in clothes and sadly, I looked like I was wearing a garbage bag.  Not this time. 






I'm out $165.41.  Big FAIL

I have to admit, I needed jeans.   Mine were starting to be worn and I had looked a few times at the thrift stores, but I dislike trying on jeans.  For every 10 you try on, you are lucky if one fits.  The jeans sent to me from Stitch Fix were perfect.  Stretchy, soft, high enough on my waist, worth it. And the shirts were so soft!  I didn't really need the purse, but if you get everything your total is 25% less, so new purse it is. 

In other news, I went to the thrift store this week and bought NOTHING!  That's right.  Normally I can find some trinket, but the few things I did look at, I talked myself out of.  I hope this is a sign I am getting more realistic with my shopping and not because the thrift store didn't have anything good. 

6th week total:  $165.41 on new clothes. 

I have bought so few things lately for myself the fact that I decided to keep the clothes made me really happy!  I wonder if I would have been as happy if I had been buying new clothes at my normal rate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment