Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fish Tacos...YUM!

One thing I always do when JR leaves town is make fish tacos.  I get Tilapia from the store, pan cook the fish in butter, give it a squirt of Chipotle mayo and top with tomatoes and lettuce on a wheat tortilla.  Easy and tastes great and JR wouldn't eat it if his life depended on it.  OK, maybe if his LIFE depended on it, but I could hear the sounds of revulsion clearly in my head as he was doing so.  I ate this, some leftover butternut squash and a fistful of Skittles for dinner.  I'm thinking I want more sweets...

Today started slow with interval running, not feeling like interval running at all, after 3 days of not working out.  I put in Jillian Michael's Last Chance Workout after-wards and felt nauseous, but pushed myself to finish.  I did everything but the very last exercise in the last set.  I think it was the humidity because I haven't turned the air on yet and I'm not used to getting all hot without any reprieve.  Yuck.  I think it was the heat because the rest of the day I have felt perfectly fine except lazy.  Our high was 83 degrees today.

After walking the dogs, showering and throwing some laundry in the washer, I headed out the door with a large box of clothes and misc. junk to donate to the thrift store.  I also had a bag of kitten food Henri couldn't handle and 2 cats toys the cats didn't ever play with to give to Carol who works at the thrift store.  I think she has over 20 cats.  I have so much stuff to go through and I haven't barely gone through anything.

Once at the store, Carol told me the guy I had hired when I managed the store, Joe, was giving his 2 week notice.  He has been managing the store and doing a wonderful job, but he's going to college and has a girlfriend and his time is up.  He's been working there a little over 3 years. I'm surprised he lasted this long.  That store is a LOT of work and very stressful.  Joe is going to suggest they hire Carol to run the store and I think it's a good idea.  She has a wonderful giving personality and truly only wishes the best for everyone.  The store will probably lose money, but they will have a huge following because of her.

Treasures I found:  2 pair of Under Armour compression shorts for running which normally sell for $25 or so, for $1.00.  YAY!  A really pretty purplish dress for 50 CENTS.  I might wear this to Kimbre's water polo banquet. I had no idea it was 50 cents until I checked out and was VERY happy.  A Chico v-neck short sleeve shirt for $3.00.  A pair of Eddie Bauer jeans for $4.00 and a Joey Green book for $1.00.  Oh, almost forgot, a box of pencils for 50 cents.  Good day. 

I went to the grocery store where my find of the day was Iams cat food for $6, marked down from $12.  I got a few other things and headed home.

I was lazy for awhile and then headed out to start working on the front garden.  Once I started, I was really enjoying myself.  It was beautiful outside until my neighbor on the right started mowing his grass going 90 miles an hour on his riding lawn mower, blowing dust, pollen, and leaves in my face.  I was happy when the kid went to their backyard.  Harold, the 87 year old walker on our street, stopped to talk to me and almost coughed up a lung.   

I planted 3 blue Plumbago and weeded almost the whole bed, raising up the edging as I went along.  I need to weed some more and decide where to plant my white impatiens tomorrow, along with possibly planting one of the 4 Gardenias I have in the next area over before Kimbre's water polo games.

Pretty uneventful day unless you consider the snake that I touched WITH MY HAND!  I have a lot of leaves in my garden bed I have been using as mulch.  I was using my UN-gloved hand to push the leaves aside to get to the weeds and I literally pushed a snake with my hand!  I'm still getting a quiver down my back as I think about it.  It was probably...hmmm, 1/4" thick and 12" long and a reddish brown color.  A decent size, I'd say!  I watched it for a bit and it just sat there, so I went back to weeding. I thought I should take a picture of it and when I looked over were it was, it was gone.  Yikes.

And now I'm off to get ready for bed.  Night!
Pam

      

 

 

1 comment:

  1. The fish tacos sound amazing, especially when you mentioned the chipotle mayo.

    I can't believe you touched a snake! Indiana Jones won't even do that!! You thrill seeker, you.

    Glad you are keeping so busy and entertained doing things you love. I liked reading your blog a lot!!
    -Tressa

    ReplyDelete