Sunday, April 10, 2011

Heading to State!!! WOOHOO!!!

Kimbre's varsity water polo team is heading to state on Friday this coming week.  I missed the first game where they creamed their opponent because I was an hour and a half away in Brenham running a 5Kwith Morgan, but I did get to see the following 2 games which determined whether they went to state and what position they went there in.

SO EXCITING!  I'm getting goose bumps thinking about it.  The spectators were going wild in the stands both games.  The first game against Creek, Creek was sure they were going to win.  So sure, in fact, I heard they had already ordered their state t-shirts.  They were horribly sore losers, with one girl practically dragging Kimbre to the ground when they shake hands after the game and they made signs rooting for our opponent in the next game, switching to opposite sides of the pool when we did at half time.  It made them look like spoiled brats.

The start of the last game against Lamar which determined our ranking was very embarrassing because one of our newer players physically attacked one of Lamar's more aggressive players by grabbing her cap and violently pushing her head down over and over.  I'm not sure if I'm explaining it right, but it was blatant violence and the girl came up swinging and clocked our player in the face.

Both girls should have been immediately removed from the game and the fact that they were left in was wrong on the coaches parts and on the referee's parts as well.  Our player got a penalty and had to sit out 30 seconds.  I'm sorry, but that was total BULLSHIT.  It made our team look bad.

After the game, the girl was reenacting the scene, showing how she was violently grabbing the girls cap and shoving her head down and 3 or 4 Mother's were laughing and encouraging her.  I went up to the girl and said, "It isn't funny.  It was a poor show of sportsmanship and it was embarrassing."  Her Mother started laughing hysterically in my face and I walked away.  I have half a mind to speak to the coach, but I don't want to embarrass Kimbre because what's done is done.  But it pisses me off!!!

Breathe, Pam, Breathe.

We're going to STATE!!!!  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!  OK, I feel a little better.
Pam

    

No comments:

Post a Comment