Monday, April 11, 2011

Looky Here!

This morning, while on my way out to walk the dogs, I peeked in at the garden and look what I found!

Jalapeno Peppers!!!  The plants are maybe a foot tall and are loaded with little jalapeno peppers.  I am so excited!  Look at all the blooms...it won't be long before I'm candying and pickling these peppers and enjoying them mixed in cream cheese or eating them on my nachos.  YUM!  I hope I have enough to can a bunch and share with friends. How pretty.

It is overcast and I am PRAYING for rain.  It has been a long time and we need it.

I went to a friend's Mom's funeral this morning with Nancy R.  It was nice and I didn't embarrass myself, so that is always a good thing.  I didn't know her too well, just in passing, which helped keep myself from becoming a blubbering mess.  I felt bad for the family. 

I have been thinking about the 5K in Brenham Morgan and I just ran.  It truly was amazing how hard that 3.1 miles was.  I think it has to do with the fact I ran at my normal pace, but with much harder terrain.  I was talking to Nancy R about it this morning and told her I don't know how to regulate my running.  I just run and I was trying to make myself run slower up the hill, but I didn't know how to do it and it was near killing me.

I think I either run or walk, no in-between.  I don't walk fast well either.  My shins and calves start burning and I start running to relieve them or start walking slower.

I don't know how Morgan ran that race with no sleep.  Yes, no sleep.  She worked the night before, stayed up, drove from Austin to Brenham which is about 1 and a half hours and then ran this killer course.  I didn't sleep well the night before the race because I was worried about oversleeping, but I slept a lot more than none.  I told Morgan maybe she could sleep the night before next time, so we could run together.

Here we are:



I had a strange dream last night about a tsunami.  JR and I were standing in a field behind a mobile home with Coach Kapp's children and Kimbre, but Kimbre was young, about 6 or 7 years old.  We were all turned away from the mobile home and Coach Kapp's oldest daughter was laying on one of those lounge chairs that tri-fold  closed.  She said, "Here one comes!"  And I grabbed Kimbre and held her close, but the wave fizzled before it got to us.  We stood waiting and Coach Kapp's daughter pointed again and this wave was immense.  I was still holding Kimbre and just as it was getting to us, I woke up.   I felt so helpless.

I told Audrey the dream this morning at the funeral and she said it was because Kimbre is leaving for college and I am trying to protect her.  That thought makes me cry.  I sure am going to miss her...

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment