Saturday, April 23, 2011

Being Solo

JR has been gone about a week and I'm ready for him to come home.  I miss having my friend here to talk to.  He's one of the few people I can say absolutely anything to about anything, say exactly what I am thinking without holding back. He understands what I really mean even if it comes out wrong. 

It's hard not having him here to share with.  We generally talk about the big and little things that have happened in the day with the girls, online, the neighbors, the animals, etc.  I can talk to others about this stuff, but it isn't the same.  We have a connection to these things, a common bond which makes what we say have more depth and meaning.

He loves the girls as much as I do.  When I tell him a story about one of them, it isn't just the story he is hearing.  He is also remembering the time she stared at the tire for 30 min or the time she walked like a duck down the dock or the time she memorized a whole book at the age of 2.

If I tell him something about our dog, he is also remembering the time our previous dog 20 years before did his job on the neighbor's lawn and the neighbor took a photo of it.  I remember it, too and it makes what we say more funny.

And he loves me.  I don't know anyone who loves me as much as he does.  When he left this past time, he called while I was out and left a message saying where the car was parked at the airport.  He called back shortly after and left another message saying he forgot to say the most important thing.  He loved me.  26 years and he called just to let me know.

I can manage the house and the family while he is gone.  I can go out with friends and visit and have a great time.  I can write blogs and emails to express myself and get things off my chest.  But it isn't the same.  I miss him.


Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment