Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lightening the Load

Yesterday and this morning were spent going through my summer clothes in my closet.  I hung all my discards and too looses and too tights on hangers and brought them over to Changes Resale.  They will try to sell the clothes at their store and I will get approx.1/2 the profit.  I brought a lot. 

I have $60 on the books from bringing clothes in last time.  $60 for things taking up space in my house that I didn't even want.  Clothes that didn't fit right. Clothes someone else might love.  Clothes in my way when I try to reach for what I really like.  How freeing!!! I didn't even buy one thing while I was there, so I consider the trip a smashing success.

Changes will also take small home decor, so I brought in a large framed picture I bought when my house was mauve.  I was going to list it on Craigslist, but I just wanted to be done with it.   

The consignment shop is next door to Mrs. Baird's Thrift Store, so I stopped in. The aroma of bread products engulfs you as soon as you take a step in the door. It can make a bread lover a little crazy in the head, grabbing more bread than you will be able to eat before it goes bad.  I ended up with a loaf of bread, multigrain sandwich thins, ww hot dog buns, ww hamburger buns and ww bagels for $7 and then if you spent $6 you got to pick a free bread off of a cart and I got another ww bagel because they freeze good with very little quality loss.

I need to get back to the kitchen.  JR had painted inside the cupboards and I need to go through everything he took out and see what I want to keep before shoving it all back in there.  Kitchen sorting is very difficult for me.  I love organization, but I also like back ups.

I have been in a simplify mood lately, wanting to get rid of all the extra stuff smothering me in this house.  I had 2 paper shredders and asked Tressa if she wanted one and she said yes.  It had been a few days and her shredder was sitting in the hall and JR told me he didn't think it would be a good idea to get rid of it because ours was broken.  I said, "Really?!?  I just used that!"  I went to the office and looked at it and sure enough, it wasn't working.

So now I am ruined for decluttering.  Get rid of the duplicates or hold on to them?  What if one breaks?  Simplify, simplify, but what about saving money by having a back up at your fingertips?  ARGH!

Till next time.
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment