Saturday, February 12, 2011

5K on the street

As I have said before, I run 5K's on the treadmill, but not on the street.  I used to run outside a lot, but then switched to interval running which is easier for me to keep track on the treadmill, so I got out of the habit.  I went out today, walked a length of the street, stretched and then ran approximately 3.4 miles in 30 minutes.  I started at 10:29 and ended at the top of the street at 10:59 exactly.  Now I am questioning the distance of my street, which I was assured was .75 miles per lap. 

The treadmill is so regulated.  When you set it to 6.0, you run 6.0, outside this isn't so.  I slowed down a little after 2 miles because I got a stitch in my side, but picked it up again after it felt better.  I did push my last lap faster, something I generally don't do on the treadmill.  Maybe I did run 3.4 miles in 30 minutes.

That makes me happy!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment