Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ow!

Jari Love and I danced the boot camp dance this morning for over an hour and every muscle is protesting in my body already.  It honestly hurts to lift my arms to the keyboard.  She had six sets and in those six sets were 3 min of abs, cardio and strength.  It was really kind of neat how it was done with the option to follow her cardio or do your own on a tread mill, bike, running in place, etc.  Definitely a keeper and if I did it on a regular basis, I would for sure see results.  The DVD was messed up in a few places, so I am having a replacement sent from collagevideo.com. 

I took the dogs for a walk in the dropping temperatures this morning and it was brisk!  We are supposed to have a low of 24 degrees tonight, so I got myself ready to go to the feed store to pick up a bale of hay for the rabbits.  We had been using the hay from the field behind our house and then dry leaves, but we ran out over the last cold spell and now everything is wet.

On the way to the feed store I swung into the book store.  I couldn't help myself.  I told JR I wasn't going in there after I sold the store which makes me a big fat liar!  I am on their facebook page and kept seeing posts about changes at the store and I knew I had to see or it would drive me crazy. I'm glad I did.

They had an Australian motif with paintings and pictures of Australian actresses and actors and movie posters, etc. Australian for the name Boomerang, which really had nothing to do with Australia, but I see where they are getting the idea.  They moved all the books from the dollar room out and made that the movie/extra stuff room.  They closed off the children's area, etc.  It looked...like I don't feel like I have been outdone.  Was that a nice way of saying that?

I ended up talking to them for about a half hour and checking on Chatty (foster store cat), who was doing terrific.  I could tell she liked them, which was heartening.  They told me they are going to adopt both cats at the store because it would be too hard to let them go now.  YAY for Chatty and Shuttles!

I left, got my hay and then went to the thrift store to drop off a box of junk we didn't need anymore.  I had to peruse, of course, but only found a gate that doesn't fit the area I wanted it to fit, a real nice pair of shorts and a pair of Levis.  You can never have too many Levis!  This was after I tried on 15-20 garments and didn't like how any of them fit.

I am trying REALLY HARD, not to accumulate stuff I don't need.  I want to simplify, not bury myself in junk.  It is so freeing to clean stuff out that is in the way and to know when you reach into a cupboard or a drawer what you grab is stuff you like and can use.  I have MUCH  to de-clutter in this house and I will as time moves on.

One last stop to the grocery store and bank, (same place), to pick up food and to deposit a store check. Then back home to unload groceries and hay and fill the rabbits crate with the hay to help them stay warm tonight.  Luckily I kept the girls (rabbits) all together from little on, so they like each other enough to snuggle close when it's chilly like tonight. 

I covered 2 of the smaller fruit trees, the strawberry plants and my rubber tree plant and my fingers are crossed that they survive the next few nights in the 20's. 

Back inside I went to make meatloaf and scalloped potatoes, talked to Kimbre a bit before she went for her massage (first one ever), did 2 loads of laundry and spoke with Tressa about the store changes and a student who is a mooch in her art class. 

No cleaning today, but very productive, all the same and all of my new Cathe Friedrich DVDs arrived!  YAY!  Too bad I won't be able to move tomorrow from today's work out.  :)

The major reason I started this blog was to motivate and encourage myself to study everyday for a minimum of one hour on gardening, health or something similar and I still haven't done this.  I think these first few days or weeks might be major catch up for me and I will get to the studying eventually.  At least I hope so.


All for now,
Pam

 

No comments:

Post a Comment