Friday, February 11, 2011

Morgan Here and Gone

I still haven't figured out a new normal schedule, but I'm working on it.  I have this feeling of being hurried behind everything I do.  I haven't realized tomorrow is another day to do things and I don't have to go to the store.

 Morgan flew in from Hawaii yesterday and spent the night before leaving this morning to return to Austin.  She had a job interview at Starwood Hotels and Resort.  If she delayed, she would miss this month's training sessions and have to wait until next month for the next one.  Waiting = no money.

Lucky for her, I was busy working at the bookstore the last few months, because I still had quite a few of her pre-Hawaii discards.  Shoes, pillow, misc. stuff which she reclaimed.

I skipped working out this morning and spent it with Morgan instead.  After she left, I didn't feel like it, so hopped in the shower and headed to the thrift store with a big bag of clothes and house stuff I didn't want.  I talked with Carol, who works there, and asked if her husband wanted the metal from our trampoline to sell after JR took it apart. She said, "Absolutely!"  Another recycle, another junky thing out of here.  Well, not yet, but the plan is in motion.

After the thrift store, I headed to Big Lots and took a stroll down their furniture aisle to look at love seats for the office at home, but I didn't like anything.  I need something comfortable for reading, comfortable for a sleep over, durable for the cats and non-descript, so it doesn't go out of style within a year or two.  I did find 3 black 11 X 14 frames for Kimbre's butterfly pictures I ordered, tho. 

From there I drove to The Roomstore and had quite a time.  I didn't have to worry about not working out because I definitely used my leg muscles sitting then standing in over 50 love seats.  My favorite of all was leather, which concerns me a tad bit with the cats, but would look SOOOOO nice.  It was very comfortable and would be ideal for an overnight of sleeping.  I don't want to have to worry about the cats and the furniture, but it was so much nicer than the rest of the stuff in there.  Still deciding.

One more stop to Tuesday Morning to peruse a ton of stuff I didn't need and then back home to eat some beef stew I had in the crock pot before attending an aquatics booster club meeting where I took minutes.  Home again to watch 3 episodes of Deadwood and then off to sleep until I awoke at 4:00am. 

Kimbre opened an acceptance letter yesterday from UT Permian Basin in Odessa where she most likely can swim on the team.  They are division 2.  No decisions yet on where she's headed for college, but so far this school and Incarnate Word in San Antonio have said they will have her. 

JR leaves for England tomorrow, but it is a quick trip.

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment