Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Teeth and Errands

I am pooped.  Yesterday I made an appt. for a teeth cleaning at a new dentist down the street.  It has been 3 years and yes, I used the store as an excuse. I have an aversion to dentists and the moment an appt. is scheduled, I start stressing.  Luckily they had an opening at 8am the following day, so I could get it over with.  Even more lucky was my friend, Audrey, came to visit me last night for a singles Valentine's dinner (tilapia tacos), and kept my mind completely off metal tools being scraped across my teeth. (shudder)

I woke up, took care of Kimbre's breakfast and lunch, fed the animals and got myself ready. 

This is one nice freakin dentist office.  They have a HUGE aquarium and a waterfall with the dentist's logo on it and everything was airy and bright.  Everyone that spoke to me was uber friendly, almost too syrupy.  Even if people weren't working on me, they came in to introduce themselves. 

The hygienist did a great job and my teeth look really white and shiny.  She talked soothingly the whole time and even though she deals with nasty mouths and all sorts of people with issues, she acted like she was genuinely concerned for my feelings.

Dr. Warwick, (reminds me of warlock which makes me think of witches), came in and took a look, asked if I ate a lot of candy as a kid and if I still do now.  I said yes, but no soda.  He said if I HAD to have sugar to try to have it all at one time during the day and then brush my teeth right after because the sugar forms an acid and starts eating away at my teeth within 20 minutes.  It can get beneath the crowns and cause all sorts of decay.  Noted.

He asked if I would schedule another appt. (free) in a week or so to hear what he thought my oral health plan should be.  I said OK, but wanted to know if I had any immediate problems that needed to be taken care of because I would like to mentally prepare myself.  He said the next appt. he wouldn't be doing the actual work, just talk with me about what he thought we should do.  I am sure this includes revamping the whole inside of my mouth because he is a cosmetic dentist.  He never did tell me if I had any cavities, but the hygienist said she thought there might be a small cavity on a bottom tooth I had.  Great.  Fun.

I left $250 poorer, but you know what?  My teeth are cleaned and I didn't have a nervous breakdown and sometimes going to a nicer place is worth it.

Once home, I got online and filled out my Passport paperwork and printed it off to bring to the post office. My application is now being processed and in about 4 weeks, I should have my passport.  YAY!  I did notice on my photo my teeth looked very clean.  lol  $181 out of pocket.

I headed towards the consignment shop to drop off a TON of clothes that were in season right now, but made a quick stop at Aaron Rents to see if one of their couches would be great for the office.  Nope.

Dropped off the zillion dresses, pants, shoes, shirts, etc. at Changes Resale and tried on 4 dresses, none of which dazzled me.  I would like some pretty dresses for the cruise next January, but am obviously in no rush.  Left without spending anything.  They owe me $85, which they will be sending me.  I made my way to Big Lots.

I looked again at their loveseats and liked a brown corduroy one, but Brenda has one like that and I'm also afraid it might go out of style.  I think maybe I should stick with leather.  I purchased 72 cans of indoor cat food which was selling for 20 cents less than Kroger's sale price.  Henri is so sensitive to foods that I need to make sure he gets the good stuff his stomach can handle.  The ingredients are better in the indoor canned cat foods, too, which equals less vet bills to me.

I also bought a bunch of Better Oats Oatmeal which was selling for $1.00 a box.  It has flax in it, but yes, it still has sugar.  I really like it and it is great for a snack.  They have all different flavors, but so far my favorite is peach.  I bought dark chocolate, peaches, maple brown sugar, cinnamon swirl and plain. I do like some oatmeal now.  :)  $71 charged, but that will feed the 4 cats over a month and feed me many bowls of oatmeal.  That sounds ridiculous.  $71 on oatmeal and cat food???  Oh yes, I bought 5 bags of Valentine peanut M & M's for $1.15 and some suckers, too.  That's better.  lol   

I drove to Tuesday Morning and returned a front door mat which looked silly in front of our door and returned a picture frame I bought last week that didn't match the picture I bought it for.  $30 back on the charge card.

Since I had only had a banana to eat, I looked longingly at Wendy's as I drove by, but there was a line and I will NOT wait in lines for fast food, so I drove home.  I ate left over queso de esteban and a small bowl of peanut M&M's, made some coffee and am now going to take a little snooze.  JR comes home tonight, so I am going to make stuffed chicken wrapped in ham for dinner...after my nap. 

What a day!  Much left on my To Do list, but it is getting smaller! 
Pam

        

     

No comments:

Post a Comment