Thursday, February 3, 2011

And It's Booked!

I don't even want to admit how much time I took booking the cruise for the family today, but it is now done.  I have been looking at cruise prices, comparing cruise ships, checking all dates against college holidays and determining what fun things can be done while on a cruise for months and months.  And today I made my choices for the 5 of us.

We will be sailing from Galveston Jan 02 on Carnival for 5 days, stopping at Progreso, Yucatan, Mexico and then Cozumel, Mexico then back home on the Jan 07.  I know it is a long ways away, but I am very excited!!!  I have been wanting to go on a cruise for a long time and to be able to bring the whole family is beyond exciting for me!  The fact that we can bring 1 bottle of wine per adult passenger is also exciting.  :)  Thank you new book store owners for giving me this opportunity.

Speaking of new owners...seems they believe there was a little thievery at the store.  2 people in one day.  Two?!?  I find this incredibly hard to believe, but the way he handled it made me cringe.  He actually told his facebook followers he wasn't afraid to use the bat that hung on the wall if they stole from him.  Was that a threat to his customers??? 

He said if he finds the name of the person who took from him on his list of facebook friends, he was going to tell everyone.  All I can say is I hope the person didn't just relocate the book in the store instead of take it. (This happened ALL the time!)  To accuse someone of something like that, you better be pretty darn sure.  Maybe the new owner will rethink the fact of closing off the children's section, which blocks off the main fiction area from eye sight unless you are in there speaking to the customers.  Shaking my head here...good luck to him.

It is cold outside, but not as cold as yesterday.  Supposedly we are supposed to get a little precipitation this evening, which might mean snow, which means EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING is closed tonight and tomorrow.  This has been a weird first week off from the store.  JR has been home 2 days and most likely tomorrow and Kimbre will be home tomorrow because school has been cancelled.

Swimming regionals has been postponed until Saturday and Monday.  Monday we are going to The Melting Pot with Wes and Tressa to thank Tressa for working all those days at the store for me.  I guess we'll have to bring nice clothes to the swim meet and change before we leave because the restaurant is up in the same area.

Today was a run day and I have decided I am going to up the speed next time.  I am running 1 minute intervals at 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5 mph 4 times, speeding up to 7 mph the last set.  I was barely breathing hard, which is really good!  This means I'm getting stronger.  Every time I run I do different intervals, but I have been doing this one a long time.  I followed the run by 30 minutes of Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown, which I really like, but always forget that I like.  It's the yoga part, seems so dorky, but I actually like yoga.  I'm still sore for Jari's bootcamp, especially my calves.

Off to put my healthy version of chicken cordon bleu in the oven, pull out the broccoli salad and heat up some peas.  Did I mention I am going on a cruise with my family?  :)  Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment